The BMW E46 Android head unit perfectly fit BMW E46 and M3 from year 1998 to 2006 year BMW 3 series, including BMW 316, BMW 316i, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320, BMW 320i, BMW 320ci, BMW 323, BMW 323i, BMW 325, BMW 325i, BMW 328, BMW 328i, BMW 330, BMW 330i, BMW 330ci, BMW M3, BMW 318d, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, etc.
Why Buy BMW E46 Android Head Unit from Us?
- Best quality e46 android head unit in the market. We are the first manufacturer producing this BMW E46 head unit since 2009. This head unit has been upgraded many times including the UI, software, hardware, and now it’s with latest stable Android 12 version.
- Compatible with BMW e46 with business CD and e46 with factory navigation screen.
- Excellent service for both pre-sales and after-sales. Any questions or inquiries will be answered by our professional customer representatives.
- Awesome OEM looking. No need to buy another fitting kit, customized for BMW e46 dashboard, replace the factory BMW e46 head unit without a gap.
- Runs smoothly. Inbuilt high speed 8-Core CPU processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, you can also extend the storage by a USB.
- Supports steering wheel control, back up camera display, apple carplay, android auto, bluetooth music, navigation system, USB, FM/AM radio, etc.
- Free iGO maps included, besides, free maps update lifetime.
- Online installation support available. If you need, we can provide online support for installation step by step.
Main Features of BMW E46 Android Head Unit
- Latest Android 12 Operation System
- 1024*600 HD capacitive 7″ touch screen
- 1.5GHz 8 Core high speed CPU processor
- 64GB Applied high speed eMMC Flash, best performance
- High speed DDR3 4GB RAM
- Support 1080P HD video decoder playing via TF Card or USB
- Support Steering Wheel Controls
- with CAN-BUS decoder included
- Back up camera video input, can connect a back up camera(optional)
- Inbuilt Android navigation system, support 3D digital navigation map
- External GPS antenna, better GPS signal
- With GPS maps installed for free, available nearly all countries
- Bluetooth hands free phone calling function, support both iPhone and Android phones
- Support Bluetooth streaming music A2DP
- Built-in car FM/AM radio tuner, RDS for Europe
- Built-in in-dash car DVD player, can be set to watch videos while driving
- Inbuilt WiFi module, easy to connect WiFi for Internet access
- Many Android application program can be downloaded and installed
- Two USB2.0 ports, one supports OTG-USB
- Two TF card slots
- Apple Carplay/Android auto optional
How to install BMW E46 Android Head Unit?
The installation of BMW e46 android head unit is a little different for BMW e46 with different dashboards.
FOR BMW E46 JUST COMES WITH BUSINESS CD AND RADIO
Installation for BMW e46 with a business CD without a factory screen is simple.
You don’t need to use a long cable to connect the harness in the trunk. Just use our regular short wiring harness with 17pins or 40 pins connectors. Both 17 round pins and 40 flat pins plugs are included.
You can relocate the climate control panel below the new e46 head unit where the storage compartment is.
FOR BMW E46 COMES WITH A NAVIGATION SCREEN
For BMW e46 with an OEM navigation screen, your 17 pins or 40 pins plugs are located in the trunk, not from the back of your e46 radio unit.
Firstly you can find the correct plug in the trunk, and use a 6m long cable to connect your 17 pins or 40 pins plug in the trunk. You can run the 6m long cable under the carpet along the door frames, removed the back seat to get access to the trunk, and hid the wires behind the cover panel in the trunk. If your car has a harman kardon amplifier as well, according to our experiences before this BMW e46 android head unit can support your harman kardon amplifier with 98% possibilities. By the way, the 6m long cable is optional, it’s just a necessary cable for e46 with a factory screen.
Learn more about installation guide of BMW E46 navigation here.
Question: Is this e46 android head unit compatible with my BMW e46 2004 year and is it coming with all the cables and box to have steering control? Also I would like to know if you have a reverse camera to fit this unit and my number plate light?
Answer: Yes, this BMW e46 android head unit fits and works for your car. You can check a BMW e46 backup camera here.
Question: I am interested in this head unit. Does this system support Europe FM radio frequencies?
Answer: Yes. The built-in BMW e46 radio works worldwide.
Question: I just bought this bmw 325ci and love your system, its great! But i don’t see how to get access to use or have the nav system load. Am i missing it? or maybe it was deleted with anything that was on there? if so how do i now download or whatever so to have it on there? thanks!
Answer: There should be igo or sygic maps installed, you can check all apps, if you can not find it, you may have deleted it, then you can contact us to get map files installed.
Question: I have a BMW 330ci 2002, will the dvd player play music cds? Will it work with cd changer in trunk?
Answer: This BMW E46 Android head unit has dvd player built-in, it can play music with cds as well. I’m afraid the cd changer in the trunk will not work anymore, but you have many other sources to play music like DVD, USB, SD, Bluetooth music, music apps, etc.
Question: I see that there is the option to support Apple CarPlay. Is there also the ability to use Android Auto?
Answer: Yes, the Apple Carplay option also supports Android Auto for Android phone.
Question: Have a 2003 330ci convertible with nav screen and harman kardon with factory sub what unit is right for me and due I need adapters?
Answer: This BMW e46 stereo upgrade is right for your car, we can send you a 6m long cable for free to connect your 40 pins plugs in the trunk.
Question: Will your e46 head unit come with USA maps? Or do I need to buy those separately?
Answer: Yes, we have USA maps available and will install it while testing for you. You don’t need to buy maps separately. Besides, when maps update is available in the future, you can also contact us for newer version to get a free update.
Question: I want to replace the stock head unit and retain steering wheel controls. Can you pair an Iphone with it?
Answer: Yes, our BMW E46 Android head unit can pair with iPhone for Bluetooth handsfree phone and Bluetooth music and support steering wheel controls with CAN-BUS decoder included.
Question: Looking to replace the head unit in our 2003 BMW 330xi. It has Navigation and the Harman Kardon system with steering wheel controls. Which unit do i need to order?
Answer: This BMW e46 head unit replacement fits your car and supports steering wheel control.
Question: I have a March 2005 built BMW 330Ci with TV (analogue) and Telephone options on the BMW dash screen. This model did not come with the BMW Professional Navigation. Can you suggest a system that I can either replace the entire original BMW dash monitor with so I have all options, such as; TV, Telephone, Navigation, FM / AM Radio, CD & DVD playing options all operating from the monitor and or steering wheel? Or a system to retrofit just Navigation to the existing system. Both the above are for Australian conditions. Thank you in advance.
Answer: This new Android BMW E46 navigation system replaces the entire original BMW dash monitor and CD/radio system, it also fits Australian models. The new BMW E46 Android head unit comes with Bluetooth phone, FM/AM car radio, DVD player, GPS navigation system, digital TV of DVB-T optional. You can control it by touch screen or front panel buttons or steering wheel control buttons. If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.
Question: I’m looking to upgrade my OEM BMW Business CD & had a very specific question. Does your BMW E46 Android radio have a microphone on the front of the unit?
Answer: Yes, it has a built-in mic on the front of the head unit.
Question: I have a 2006 BMW 330ci convertible with Harman Kardon. I need to replace the GPS-stereo unit, i visited local audio specialist shops they say I need a custom built dash kit as the air conditioning controls will need to be moved, need some additional wiring, and need a specific trim piece. I don’t care if the steering wheel controls are connected. They also suggested that I check with someone like you to find if you have a simpler replacement, that would not require about 5-7 hours of manual labor. Please let me know if your item #8788A E46 radio unit would install easier and if I would need additional parts.
Answer: Hi, this BMW E46 stereo upgrade unit fits your 2006 MW 330ci directly, it’s a simple replacement. You can move the air conditioning control panel lower where the storage compartment is, a relocation kit is not necessary though some of our customers purchased such a relocation kit to relocate the A/C controls, most of our customers just moved it and did not use such a kit. This BMW E46 radio comes with a CAN-BUS decoder which supports steering wheel controls, with cables match factory wiring harness, you don’t need additional parts, so installation is easy, you can also check our installation instructions.