Jun 15 2017
Android navigation head unit for Mercedes-Benz C-Class W204 is available now, this navigation unit fits Mercedes Benz W204 C180, C200, C220, C230, C280, C300, C320, C350, etc, inbuilt GPS navigation system, Bluetooth hands free phone calling, Bluetooth streaming music A2DP, USB, SD, Mirror-Link, supporting steering wheel controls and a backup camera with RCA connectors.
The latest version comes with 2 theme style available.
For more information about this unit, you can check it here: https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/mercedes-benz-c-w204-android-gps-head-unit-bluetooth-system-for-mercedes-c-180-c-200-c-220-c-230-c-280-c320-c-350.html
If your Mercedes Benz W204 comes with original 5.8 inch small screen and a working aux function, you can order and install this unit in your car, this head unit can also fit factory 7 inch screen w204 now. If you don’t know if your car has aux or not, you can check our previous post: How to check if my W204 has aux function?
Installation for this W204 Android navigation is more or less the same as the Wince version, if you have check other posts from this blog, you may have already seen How to install Wince version Benz C W204 navigation GPS.
Installation instructions for Android Mercedes-Benz C-Class W204 navigation head unit
The first step is removing the factory Mercedes-Benz W204 screen unit and radio/CD, then you can connect all cables and install new touch screen W204 head unit in your car.
- User a special installation tool to remove the central air vents.
- Unplug the cables behind the air vents, then you can take out the air vent.
- Remove 4 screws to take out the screen unit and radio/cd system.
- Take out the factory screen unit, unplug cables behind.
- Take out the radio and cd system, unplug cables behind.
- So factory screen and radio has been removed and the next step is installing the new W204 Android head unit. Here are some pictures showing you how to connect new cables.
Click the above picture for larger view.You need to connect the white CAR-LVDS plug with your LVDS plug behind your factory screen.
Secondly, please check every plug with different colors carefully, the correct connections should be as following:
There are 2 square big plugs to connect your CD and factory wiring harness, see below picture:
- Where to put the main unit control box?
You can put the main unit box in the glove box as below.
If you don’t know how to detach the glove box, you can contact us, we will send you a video showing you how to remove the glove box for Mercedes W204.
- Want to connect an aftermarket backup camera with this w204 android GPS unit? That’s easy to do that, there’s a green cable with BACK-VIDEO-IN label on it which connects to the video cable from the backup camera, see below pic:
And there’s trigger line which should connect 12V+ reverse light, see below pic:
Besides, you should get the power for the camera with 12V reverse light(not from our 12V power), so after you put in reverse gear, the camera can get power and automatically display rear view images on screen.Note: If you have connected the camera correctly, but still no signal or the display is not stable, that’s because the voltage from your car reverse light is not stable, we have a solution, you can connect a relay to power the camera. A professional mechanic should know how to connect the relay for the camera easily. If you need help for connecting the replay, we can send you some photos for your reference.
- This step is optional and rarely necessary.
If there’s no sound after installation from Android music or video playing even after you have already activated the factory aux mode(this rarely happens with only 1% possibilities according to our experience before), then you will need to check the factory aux wires from the plug behind the CD, and compare them with our aux wires(red, white and black wires in a group) from our new plug, make sure they are matched, if not, then you can move the factory aux wires to match the position of our new aux wires, or you can connect the factory aux wires directly with our aux wires, this is the first solution.The second solution is by using a aux-adapter audio cable from us to connect our main unit and your 3.5 mm aux port directly in the glove box to get the factory aux working. You can check this cable as below:
Note: this cable is not included in the package by default, because only very few cars need it.
- After installation, if you want to listen to radio and navigation sound at the same time, you can try these steps:
When the unit displays original radio interface, long press the voice button from your steering wheel controls, then the screen will automatically switch to our GPS function, so that the GPS sound will come out from small speaker, and radio sound comes out from car speakers.
- Switch from factory menu to new Android menu: just activate and enter into factory Aux mode, the screen will switch to new menu automatically. If not switch, you can check another solution here: How to switch W204 screen to Android menu?
If you still have a question while installing, welcome to contact us, our technicians would be glad to assist you. You can also contact us on Facebook:
You to get latest news of our products including new arrivals, installation instructions, product videos, etc.