Jul 17 2019
Replacing factory car radio and CD system with aftermarket navigation Android head unit is very popular in recent years. No matter you have a Mitsubishi ASX, Mitsubishi RVR, or Mitsubishi Outlander, you can install the same Android head unit with navigation system. Because of the same dashboard they have. Installation is very easy, just plug and play.
How does the Mitsubishi ASX/RVR/Outlander Android Head Unit look like?
This is a new Android system head unit radio replacement for Mitsubishi ASX, RVR, and Outlander sport.
Coming with 10.1″ large HD screen, Android 8.1 system, 32GB storage and 2GB RAM, this Android head unit is with cheap price of only US$256. You can learn more about this unit here:
It has tons of awesome features like Android navigation system, Bluetooth phone, WiFi, mirror-link, HD video playing, and supporting Apple Carplay and Android auto. Bluetooth and Mirror-link can work with both iPhone and Android phone. GPS navigation system comes with an external GPS antenna. It can be installed Android GPS maps like iGo and Sygic. It also supports Google maps.
So how to install this 10.1 Android head unit for Mitsubishi ASX/RVR/Outlander?
You can follow the below easy steps one by one. At first, you need to dismantle the factory Mitsubishi ASX/RVR/Outlander radio head unit. Then you can install the new Android head unit with 10.1 inch touch screen.
- Before installing, firstly you need to prepare installation tools, use a plastic pry knife to pry the top gap around the original head unit. Then pry the middle and bottom around the gap. So you should be able to take out the factory car radio head unit.
- After you took out the factory head unit, disconnect the cables behind.
- Remove screws on both sides to dismantle the CD player.
- Take out the CD player, disconnect cables behind.
- Dismantle the air conditioning air vents from the original panel, then install it with the new unit.
- Connect the plug for the warning light button. Check again with all cables connections, radio antenna, power cable, GPS antenna, USB cable. You can put the GPS antenna at top right corner of the dashboard. USB cable can be put in the glove box.
- The last step, install back the CD, push the new Android head unit into the dashboard. How does it look after installation? Just check below photo.
- Now you can turn on the car, the Android head unit will turn on automatically. Test the unit, including GPS navigation, Bluetooth, Radio, music and video playing.Note: Only when the car is outside, can the unit receives GPS signal well. If the car is in the house, it may not receive GPS signal well.
Isn’t it so easy for installation? If you have installation tools you can also have a try. A professional mechanic can install such a unit in about an hour, or maybe less.
With this new 10.1 Android screen head unit installed in your Mitsubishi ASX, Mitsubishi RVR, or Mitsubishi Outlander, you can enjoy the high quality music and HD videos playing via USB. Besides, you can easily use navigation system built-in this unit to drive any unfamiliar place. Maps are free to use, and maps update is also free.
Any questions you may have, you can contact us via email: email@example.com.
Or just leave a comment below.