Dec 25 2013
As you know, we already launched a new product of BMW 5 series F10 navigation unit in 2013, which is installed at the position where the factory display screen is. Some customers may be a little confused with accessories included in the package, and don’t know how to install this BMW F10 head unit. DVDGPSNav provide a simple installation guide for bmw f10 navigation as below.
1. Firstly, let’s take a look at the factory display screen. If you want to upgrade it with much more features, our unit helps.
2. Secondly, please check accessories for this bmw f10 gps unit as below.
Note: the hard disck cable is used to connect external mobile hard disk, support up to 500GB.
3. Use a knife to pry the outlet and then unlpug connected cables
4. Use 6 point screwdriver dismantle screws of the screen side and then unplug the connect cables
5. Transfer AUX cable from display screen to original car’s AUX socket which located in the armrests. Take out original AUX socket, and plug to switched line: How to Connect AUX Adapter Cable for BMW F10 Navigation Unit
6. If your car has USB, you need to connect the GND cable together from the AUX cable, see pic as below
7. If you want to install a rear view camera with this unit, just check the Camera Video cable, Camera Power cable as below
8. Plug all cables and install the display screen
9. Install the screws of the screen back
10. Connect standalone GND cable from the AUX cable to original CD’s ironclad
11. After installation effect
Note: If there’s no sound after installation, please check this post.
Only the professional installer are allowed to install and maintain this product, though it’s an easy task for a professional mechanic, but it does require some knowledge for installation. For unprofessional people they might cause electric shoke or other risks and even damage for the bmw f10 unit. DVDGPSNav.com is not responsible for installation.