Do you want to upgrade the factory stereo system with a new 10.25 inch touch screen Android head unit for your Mercedes-Benz C-Class W205? If you are able to remove the factory w205 radio and screen, you should be able to install the new large screen android head unit as well, as it’s plug and play for installation.
This head unit fits perfectly for Mercedes Benz W205, not only upgrading with navigation system, but also with Bluetooth hands free phone calling, Bluetooth streaming music, USB, WiFi connection, Apple carplay and Android auto. Besides, you can keep factory function working including car radio, CD player, steering wheel control, etc.
Note: If your car has fiber optic amplifier, this unit does not work, because it does not support fiber optic amplifier, so there will be no sound after installation if your car has fiber optic amplifier. The small amplifier we provided is used to transfer the sound from our unit to your car speakers through the 8 speaker wires from the factory wiring harness, so if there are 8 speaker wires from the factory wiring harness, your car doesn’t have fiber optic amp, you can see the below picture:
Overall, only if your W205 does not have a fiber optic amp, you can install this Mercedes C-class W205 android screen unit.
How to install Mercedes C-Class W205 Android head unit?
Installation is easy for a professional mechanic, and it’s similar to the installation of Mercedes Benz W204 navigation. The first part you should do is removing the factory screen and dismantling the factory radio system in the dash, then installing the new replacement screen and connect all cables and plugs. Just follow steps as following one by one.
- Pry out the armrest box panel
- Remove two screws
- Pry out the original center console panel, then take it out, unplug the cables behind.
- Remove 2 screws which fixed the factory CD.
- Take out the CD, disconnect the plug behind.
- Now it’s time to dismantle the factory screen, in order to do that, you need to pry out the top cover and remove 2 screws inside which fixed the screen.
Then take out the screen, unplug the cables behind.
- Now you can start to connect new cables for the new navigation head unit, connect 2 cables with the back of the screen and TO-TFT, LVDS plugs.
- connect red, green, purple, grey, blue plugs with the main unit, connect CAN plug, connect the factory LVDS plug from the back of the factory screen with CAR-LVDS plug of the main unit.
connect all other cables, including gps antenna, wifi antenna, mic, small amplifier, usb cable:
- connect the new plug with the factory plug, and connect the the other new plug with the back plug from the CD.
- So all cables are connected at this time, you can put the main unit inside of the dashboard, or in the glove box, or anywhere you can put it into. You can turn on the car and the unit now. Test it, if it works, then you can fix the new screen, re-install the CD, center console panel to complete the installation.