A new pure Android screen navigation system for BMW x1 e84 is available now. Compared with the old Wince version, the new BMW x1 e84 Android screen comes with modern Android display, 1920*720 HD touch screen, and navigation system. It’s also integrated with apple carplay and android auto now.
Latest upgrade with Android 11 system
10.25 inch 1920*720 HD resolution capacitive screen, touch screen
Octa-Cores CPU processor, 64GB storage, 8GB RAM(128GB optional)
GPS navigation, Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, Apple Carplay/Android auto, etc
How to install this BMW X1 Android Screen Navigation?
Installation is very easy if you have experience before for a similar head unit. You can download the installation manual directly to check the detailed step by step instructions. No matter your BMW x1 head unit is with wince system or android system, BMW x1 e84 android screen installation is more or less the same.
- Use pry tool to disassemble the trim strip at right, then pull out the air vents, disconnect cables behind.
- Remove 2 screws, then take out the storage compartment, disconnect the cable behind.
- Then pry the plastic strips from right to left, take it out, put it aside.
- Now you can pry out the climate control panel, unplug cables behind.
- Next step is to detach the factory radio/cd. Pay attention to 2 screws, remove these screws, so that you can take out the radio and cd.
- Disassemble the decorative bar below the shift gear, use a pry knife to pry it out from right to left, then pull it out, so that you can easily install the new control box, please mind the cable for the control box.
- Disconnect your factory wiring harness from the back of radio/cd, then connect your female plug with our new male plug, connect your male plug at the back of radio/cd with our new female plug, there’s a 2 pins small plug which should connect our small speaker.
If there are fiber optic cables from your original plug which connects to the back of your factory CD, you need to move the fiber optic cables to our new plug and connect them to the same position on the new plug, see below picture:
If you did not move the green and black fiber optic cables to our new plug, you will hear heartbeat sound coming out from car speakers after installation.
- Connect all cables, including power adapter cables, red/green/blue/grey plugs, USB cable, control knob cable, GPS antenna, WiFi antenna, RCA cables.
- If you need to connect a back up camera, there’s a green cable for rear view video input.If you connect a back up camera, you also need to connect this BACK wire:
Note: If you don’t connect a back up camera, you don’t need to connect the BACK wire.
For some BMW models, it can not get stable 12V voltage from the reverse light to the camera, it may be flicker screen or no signal while reversing, the solution is by connecting a relay, this has been proved by many of our customers.
User Guides of BMW X1 E84 Android Screen
- If you want to listen to the radio sound and gps sound at the same time, you can let the gps sound comes out from the small speaker, and radio sound comes from car speakers, how to do that?When the unit plays radio, firstly press this CAR button, then press NAVI button, so the gps sound will come out from our small speaker, and the radio sound comes out from car speakers, see below pic:
- Please note the music sound from the new Android BMW x1 screen unit should be transferred to your car speakers through your car’s aux mode.So there will be no sound for music playing after installation if you don’t turn to aux mode and turn up the aux volume.How to activate the original aux mode and turn up aux volume? Just follow the following steps.
Firstly press the AUDIO button from your original CD, then you can turn to AUX function via the right knob, and change the aux volume, make sure it’s not mute.
Note: The aux volume may be lower compared to the radio or CD volume, so you’d better turn up the aux volume to highest level.
- If there’s still no sound from music playing after you turn up the aux volume, your aux wires may not go through factory cd, see below picture:
The solution is to get an aux adapter cable from us to connect your aux directly to get sound.
Below is that cable with a blue plug, only if your aux wires don’t go through factory CD, then you can use this cable:
Plug 1 and 2: connect your aux plugs behind your aux port, firstly you will need to detach your aux module, then you can see aux plugs behind, then connect 1 and 2 with them.
Plug 3: connect the back of the new main unit where the blue plug should be.
Plug 4: connect 2 female aux plugs from the aux cables(behind our android screen), red to red, white to white.
Note: there’s also a small black 2 pins plug from the blue plug(this picture does not show), you should connect it with our small speaker.
The BMW x1 e84 Android screen Navigation unit can also support an aftermarket reversing camera, which can automatically work after you put in reverse gear. If you are interested in a rear view camera as well, you can measure the dimensions from your trunk handle to check if this BMW trunk handle back up camera fits your car.
Still have a question? DVDGPSNav is your best partner to help you install any aftermarket navigation head units.