Apr 25 2016
The first generation of Suzuki SX4 is ranged from 2006 to 2013, and is a sub-compact car available for 4-door Sedan and5-door Hatchback, in European market it’s also called Fiat Sedici, it’s with great performance and handling, the only regret may be the dull entertainment system because it’s just regular with Suzuki SX4 radio and CD player, most of them don’t have in-dash GPS navigation system or Bluetooth or AUX features, that’s why more and more SX4 owners prefer to remove the factory SX4 radio and then install an aftermarket Suzuki SX4 navigation DVD player instead for its great features and prices.
The aftermarket Suzuki SX4 radio comes with navigation GPS system, Bluetooth hands-free phone calling function, USB playing, steering wheel controls, rear view camera video input, also a built-in amplifier which is even better than factory car stereo according to the feedback from some users, if you are interested in an Android Suzuki SX4 radio, we can also provide, see below pic.
It’s upgraded with Android 7.1 and 8.0 operation system now.
Click the above picture to learn main features and specifications of this Android 8.0 head unit.
Installation is very easy for both models, a professional mechanic can install within one hour, you can even do it by yourself for installation, simply, there are only two steps included:
- Remove factory Suzuki SX4 radio
- Plug new cables, install the new Suzuki SX4 navigation DVD into the dash, plug and play
Just follow below steps one by one:
- firstly let’s take out the factory SX4 radio, so you will need to remove the front panel trims on both sides, use a plastic installation tool to pry the trim from bottom to top.
See the buckle from the bar? That’s why we suggest you pry it from bottom to top.
- After removed the decoration bars, you can see 4 screws which fixed the factory Suzuki SX4 radio.
So you should remove these screws using a cross screwdriver. Then you are able to take out the factory radio.
- Use a towel to protect the panel to avoid any scratches.
- Then unplug the rear plugs, one is radio antenna, one is the power cable, for the power plug, you need to use your thumb to press the buckle, at the same time pull out the plug carefully.
- Plug the new cables with the rear connectors of the new Suzuki SX4 navigation DVD, USB cable, iPod cable, RCA cables, power cables.
- Push the new Suzuki SX4 navigation into the dash, fix screws, install the trims, that’s all.
Note: Before you push the new unit into the dash, you should check if you have removed the top screws at the top of the unit, these 2 screws are used to protect DVD loader during shipment, if you don’t remove these screws, the CD or DVD disc can not fully go into the DVD player.
If you have a rear view camera which has to be connected to this Suzuki SX4 radio navigation, you can check this post to learn how to install a rear view camera for Suzuki SX4.
For a 2014 and 2015 year Suzuki SX4 S-Cross GPS navigation, installation is more or less the same, it’s also plug and play and you will not need to modify wires for installing of such a unit. It’s with the same features as the 2006-2013 year model.
If you still have a question, just feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you, not only pre-sales service but also excellent after-sales service.
When you are testing this Suzuki SX4 radio DVD, if you find the clock time on the main screen(not the GPS time) is not correct for your country, 1 hour behind or several hours difference, then you can contact us, we will send you instruction on how to make the clock time right.