Aug 16 2016
For those who want to upgrade the factory Honda CRV car stereo with navigation system, it’s much more easier now. The aftermarket navigation DVD player for Honda CRV is so popular that nearly all car stereo shops should have installed these Honda CRV stereo upgrade before, and installation for in-dash navigation unit is more or less the same for different car models.
Honda CRV is a SUV which is sold well, for the basic model it does not come with factory navigation, if you want to upgrade the factory unit with aftermarket navigation system, you just need to pay much less than the original one, no need to cut wires or frames, plug and play.
If your CRV is between 2007-2011 year model, you can contact us for another installation instruction.
While if your Honda CRV is in year 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015, installation is a little different, but all steps are more or less the same. The following is one by one step installation instruction for your reference.
- Factory dashboard with only radio and CD player.
If your car’s dash looks like the same, you can upgrade it with an aftermarket 10.1″ Android Honda CRV aftermarket navigation which fits perfectly in your car:
- Use special installation tools to pry out the air vents on left and right side.
After taking out the air vents, you can see screws which fixed the car radio system.
- Remove 2 screws, so that you are able to take out the factory radio and CD which will be replaced with new unit.
- Take out the factory radio, unplug cables behind, and unplug the hazard warning light.
- Remove 2 screws from the light, detach the hazard warning light.
- Install buckles into the new Honda CRV navigation.
- Connect GPS cable with a golden port from the back of the unit, connect the power cable, iPod cable. You can put the GPS antenna at top right of the dashboard.
- After all cables connected well, push the new navigation unit into the dash, fix screws, install back air vents, done.
- New Update for the new 10.1″ Android head unit for 2012-2015 Honda CRV:
The wiring harness is a little different, you can check below photo:
And all plugs connections:
How does it look like after installation?
Note: If your Honda CRV comes with factory USB and back up camera, you will need to use a adapter cable to connect them, check this post for more info.
The 2012 2013 2014 2015 Honda CRV navigation from DVDGPSNAV can support factory USB and rear view camera, other units from other sellers may not support, pay attention to this before you place the order.